The webbased reports in iqbs BI are Reporting Services reports, the reporting tool that is shipped with the SQL Server platform. Reports can be made using the Report Builder software, which comes in two versions, depending on your SQL Server version:
- SQL Server 2008: Report Builder 2.0
- SQL Server 2008R2: Report Builder 3.0
- SQL Server 2012: Report Builder 3.0
The two versions are for a large part identical, with some ‘subtle’ differences. Most report programming tips and tricks are applicable to both versions. However, the usefull links below are split up between versions. In most cases however, the Report Builder 2.0 things are also valid for 3.0.
Report Builder 2.0
- MSDN Tutorials
- Reporting Services Tutorial (from Accelebrate)
- Reporting Services Tutorial (from MSSQLTips)
- Report Builder 3.0 Tutorial (from MSSQLTips)
- Introduction to SQL Server 2008 Report Builder 2.0
- Stairway to Reporting Services (free account on SQLServerCentral.com required)
- Bullet Charts in Reporting Services 2008
- Reporting Services Development Tips
- Row and columns headers: getting it right!
Report Builder 3.0